Our philosophy is...
- Be close to nature. (But we’re still human and dislike flies.)
- Taking the time to do things we love. (Reading, taking naps,DIYing, playing with animals, horse-riding.)
- Eating delicious food, as much of it as possible home-grown or from local producers. (Often accompanied by equally yummy Portuguese wine.)
- Being comfortable & cozy. (Cool in summer, toasty in winter.)
- Connecting with people. (Because life is too short not to surround yourself with unicorns.)
The Cramooz @ Casa Beatrix
Our logo reflects who and where we are, and what we're doing. Can you spot all the elements? Nothing is what it seems, and yet what you see is what you get. The Cramooz are big fans of puns, and this is a visual pun - but it also represents the Casa Beatrix project to the core. The logo was designed by Dal-Den graphic designers (www.dal-den.be).
What's in a name
Casa Beatrix isn’t just a name, it’s a legacy and a projection. Casa is Portuguese for house, and alludes to the well-known “mi casa es su casa” hospitality found throughout Latin America and the Iberian Peninsula. Beatrix comes from the combination of the words “viatrix”, the female form of latin for “traveler”, and “beatus”, which means “blessed”. It’s also the root of the name Beatriz, which was Shahnaz’s mother’s name. That’s the legacy part, because Beatriz was an adventurer, an incredible hostess, and elegance incarnate. She also had her reindeer driving license, spoke six languages (give or take), and was convinced her children could do anything they set their mind to and then some. All those elements are part of our beliefs and values. At Casa Beatrix, we welcome you as we would friends, and strive to create a space where you can disconnect from the intensity of “real life” to reconnect with nature, yourself, your family, your friends - also intense, but not in the same way.